Friday, August 21, 2009

Back-up System?

I had been using Windows Live One Care on a trial basis and liked it. However, when I tried to pay for it I couldn't (it just kept sending me around in circles and back to the beginning again) so I tried downloading alternatives to secure and clean up my computer.



I am very ignorant of computers and compatible software etc, so I now have:-



RegCure



Advanced Registry Cleaner



CCleaner



Spybot Search and Destroy



XoftSpySE



Anti Virus Shield (AVS)



Comodo Firewall Pro



PC Booster



Avast (lurking in the background - but I've already asked a question about that).



I don't appear to have anything that will back-up and save my work (One Care kept me advised and the instructions to save onto CD were easy to follow).



Is there any software I can download that will work as a back-up system and nothing else as I have made a real mess here and have more software than I know how to handle?



Back-up System?liveupdate



Looks like you are going for total overkill!



You have far too many programs.



Keep CCleaner + AVG and the Firewall. The others are optional but I would get rid of them.



Windows XP SP2 has a free anti-spyware program called Windows Defender. It also has a free Firewall. Check Microsoft's website for more details.



Windows does have a backup facility but it does not intsall by default for some reason. See the link below for more details.

No comments:

Post a Comment