Friday, August 21, 2009

Best AntiVirus (Free) From my this List?:?

AVG Free Edition



Avira AntiVir



Avast! Home Edition



AOL Active Shield



McAffee Internet Security Suite



("New" AOL Active Shield) http://safety.aol.com/isc/MaximumSecurit...



From the list above which would be the best?



Best AntiVirus (Free) From my this List?:?nortin



AOL Active Virus Shield *was* the best of that group, but unfortunately is no longer available.



The new McAfee could very well be *rated* the best, but based on past issues, it is bound to be a resource hog.



Of the remaining three, Avira is consistently rated the highest, although I personally find AVG to be more user friendly.



So in summary, the best product (McAfee) will probably slow down anyone with less than 2GB RAM. Between AVG and Avira it's a coin toss for a little better detection (Avira) or a little more user friendly (AVG).



Edit: I gave a 'thumbs down' to a "Top Contributor" above because they cited a source for test results and they weren't there. Your source should be/do what you say it is.



Best AntiVirus (Free) From my this List?:?pc security



If it were free, I would go with McAffee Internet Security Suite, I have a problem with the AVG Free Edition... ONLY when it pops up by downloading the updated files it needs when I am in the middle of doing something.. I use it.
For a good anti virus scanner look for the following:

No comments:

Post a Comment