Sunday, August 23, 2009

I have removed tojan horse... now what?

Ok ... after a hell of a lot of trouble, (please refer to my last 2 questions asked!) I have used avast! to remove a trojan horse.



Now what?



I have norton 07, current and up to date, thats fine but I als have these



Mozilla firefox



Spybot S%26D



Adware SE



and of course Avast!



How do I completely protect my laptop from this happening again? I want to immunize it if possible and I just want one good system that will run everyday, check for viruses or anything like that, inlcusing adware and spyware, anything harmful or intrusive, block it out and keep evrything safe.



I was once told that having too many programs was like trying to escape a burning building when you have locked all the doors... its hard to get outside, (when the whole point was meant to be keeping things outside. I dont want heaps of sh*t, just something effective.



Thanks



I have removed tojan horse... now what?virus removal



Hi,



Did I answer one of your questions? I think I did.. can't remember. Anyways, here is my response:



1. Yes, don't have too many programs. Have one good virus scanner (Avast is decent), one good adware (Ad Aware is the best) and one Spyware detector (nothing like Spybot).



2. Additionally you may want to get one of these:



* You may want to get spyware blaster, which is free and immunizes your computer to a certain extent.

No comments:

Post a Comment