Friday, August 21, 2009

My PC can't boot.?

My CD-Rom on my pc is not functioning usch it has been difficult for me to install an operating system in it. I had to because avast antivirus delete some system files which were affected with viruses. So what I did I had to install XP into that hard drive from other computer. I managed to install and it run well on that computer. But the problem is that it cannot start on the computer that it is from. IT CANNOT BOOT FROM THE HDD. Please help.



My PC can't boot.?mcaffee



u cant boot from ur own HDD thts not possible how could u boot from a device ur gonna format/install ur os on it! its simply NOT possible



my advice is to change ur cd rom buy a new one and work from ur way there



OR simply borrow an external cd rom from some1 and plugg it in and do ur thing :)



My PC can't boot.?norton antivirus 2007



Looks like its time to replace ur comp.



u can keep the monitor,k'board,mouse%26fdd.



but dont keep ur hard disk at any rate.



in case u r short of money replace try formatting the system ,fix a new cd rom and then reinstalling the OS.
Which ones not working?



Your first one or the second?



If its the second one, go to the bios and change the boot settings to the original disk, first make sure you reconnected the original disk.
when you install XP using other computers, you need to be careful about whatever is installed there..



I have tried doing what you did last time, and it work. So it could be your Motherboard or BIOS is damaged? Try putting in the HDD from the OTHER computer into the mentioned PC. See if it is ok.



You can also unplug the CD ROM from the OTHER pc and plug it into your own computer.



Then check your BIOS by pressing F1 or F2 immediately when you see the very first screen (not the Windows logo)..before that.



Ensure that CD rom is the first device to boot before your HDD.



Anyway, what are the symptoms that made you say that your HDD cannot boot? where did it fail?



cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment