Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Problem with McAfee Security Centre 2006?

Well, the icon down the bottom right hand side is black, indicating that one or more service is disabled, but when I open it up, it shows me that all services are enabled. I check by right clicking on the icon and all is enabled except for Virus Scan. I enable it from there and I'm alerted that ActiveShield is running. But the icon is still black. I check by right clicking again and I find that VirusScan/ActiveShield is disabled. I then ran Ad-Aware SE Personal to find 5 critical objects (some IE Data Mining thing), which I remove. I then scan with AVG, Avast and Multi Virus Cleaner 2006, finding nothing. I remove some bad rubbish with Spybot S%26E. Then I try to enable McAfee's Virus Scanner again. No luck. Some things you should know



-My cousin used Internet Explorer a few times last week



-He downloaded SwiftSwitch, some client for Runescape



-I downloaded SpySweeper from www.demonoid.com



-A trojan was found last night, couldn't delete it because it was copyrighted. Manually deleted i



Problem with McAfee Security Centre 2006?pc security



ARE YOU MAD, KEEPING AVG, AVAST AND MCAFEE ON A SINGLE COMPUTER?



Sorry for being rude, but it is really foolish to keep more than one anti-virus on your computer(its not the same for anti-spyware). Remove AVG and Avast if you are satisfied with McAfee. Anyway, I seriously doubt that the Trojan has completely been removed. Carry out a thorough scan of your computer and clean out anything fishy. I don't think there is any malware left, if you have AdAware and SpyBot. But there could some virus there, because AVG, Avast and McAfee will be more busy fighting each other than guarding your computer. Also get rid of that Multi Virus Scanner thingy.



Problem with McAfee Security Centre 2006?symantic



I don't like McAfee there seems to be a lot of problems with it the best virus scanner is avast it gets rid of the virus as soon as it comes in

No comments:

Post a Comment