Sunday, August 23, 2009

Brand new PC and Spybot locked it?

New computer. I added Ad-aware, Spy Bot, and Avast Anti Virus. Before rebooting I ran Ad-Aware %26 Spybot. Avast found 5 items. Before using Spybot I saved the settings, it found 5 items which I deleted.On my 1st reboot the machine was very slow icons appeared, with the arrow on screen, however the arrow is an egg timer on th task bar and remains that way for 10 minutes. It turns on both to an arrowhead. I click on an icon and it remains an arrowhead and an eggtimer forever. I tried starting in safe mode it will not. I tried starting in last settings that worked and I get what I first described. Conflict? or something (spybot) trying to run?



How do I get into my docs. To get back the setings possibly remove by Spybot. VERY FRUSTRATING...brand knew machine win. XP pro. and I can't get it to work?



Brand new PC and Spybot locked it?software



that means u r able to access ur computer if that is the case then try windows xp restore feature probably that shud solve ur prob or if any way u have to reinstall then b4 doin that start ur computer usin ur win XP bootable cd let it do some of the initial settings then when it gives u the option of installin new or repair choose 'R' for repair give 'administrator paasword' access ur drive with it remove the spybot folder from 'program files' folder no file no problem i have done similar thing for myself and it worked but no guarantee that it will work 4 u as well. So b careful and try this as ur last option.

No comments:

Post a Comment