Sunday, August 23, 2009

Computer keeps freezing-virus?

I have a gateway laptop that I got about 2 years ago. For the last few days it keeps freezing. It'll go for about a 30 seconds to a minute of being normal, then it freezes for about ten seconds then goes back to normal and it just keeps doing that. It has done this in the past and I usually restart it and then it's fine. But this time it keeps doing it even when I restart it. I have spysweeper and avast! scanner. But the spysweeper hasn't been updated in like a year and the avast!, when I scan with it it says there are like 800 files that it can't scan because they're password protected. I tried doing the microsoft system restore or whatever it's called where you revert your computer back to an earlier date. This has worked in the past too but now it keeps saying it can't revert back. I probably have a virus, right?



Computer keeps freezing-virus?antivirus



you probably do. id suggest reformatting your computer. what reformatting does is it completely deletes everything off your computer and wipes it clean. this is the most effective solution for anything. you should save all the stuff you want to keep to disc and then reinstall it all after.



Computer keeps freezing-virus?computer



Hello,

No comments:

Post a Comment