Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Why do I nedd a MVPS host for security?

I installed: Avast, zonealert (firewall), spybot search%26destroy, ad-aware, ewido antispyware, spyware blast/guard, and a-squared as a recommended protection package because of virus, hijacker, and trojan probs. But I cant figure out the MVSP host thing...need help?



P.S. I have teenagers using my computer and thats why I am doing this package!



Why do I nedd a MVPS host for security?panda



Mvp Hosts will block access to over 10000 sites that have been found to push advertising, malware, popups etc. It is updated monthly. It simply redirects any request to visit those sites to 127.0.01 which is your own computer! So instead of the site or the advertising banner, you will see a "This page cannot be found" notice. The Block list updated monthly.



If you are using Internet Explorer, I would suggest the use of IE-Spyad before MYP first. It adds about 22000 potentially dangerous sites to your IE Restricted Zone. Very similar to how the Restricted Sites function of SpywareBlaster works. Except the list is much longer. SpywareBlaster only blocks about 5000. Updated about every 3 weeks.



http://www.spywarewarrior.com/uiuc/resou...



Neither MVP or IE-Spyad is complete protection, Just an additional layer of protection to add to your already very good protection "suite"



I use everything that you do except Guard and my firewall is Kerio not ZA. I use MVP, IE-Spyad and SiteAdvisor, too. I have not had any malware on my machine for years and average about one popup every 2 months!



Check out SiteAdvisor also. Free at:



http://www.siteadvisor.com/



Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment