Friday, August 21, 2009

Would like consensus on which of several anti-virus suggestions to use on my home PC.?

Several anti-virus programs were suggested. Can't make up mind or don't know best one to select: Zone Alarm, Comodo, Avg, Avast, or Spyware (that last one doesnt sound like anti-virus).



Would like consensus on which of several anti-virus suggestions to use on my home PC.?live update



From my experience, where free virus control is concerned, AVG does a pretty good job of keeping things clean, with a little help from Spybot: Search %26 Destroy and Ad-Aware SE. Spybot is a completely free program and Ad-Aware SE has a free version that can be downloaded, but I'm sure the version you'd have to pay for is much better. You can take your pick on what you want to do there.



Avast found a few little nasties that AVG didn't find, but I don't know what AVG would find that Avast wouldn't...



Still, mixing anti virus programs, from what my local computer shop tells me, is a bad idea, because they negate each other and don't protect your computer as well as just one anti virus program can. You'd have to ask them about it to explain it better than I can...



I don't know anything about Comodo or Zone Alarm, so I can't really tell you anything about them, so... there's my part of the consensus. I hope it helps.



Would like consensus on which of several anti-virus suggestions to use on my home PC.?norten

No comments:

Post a Comment