Sunday, August 23, 2009

Fix my computer?

I have a new Compaq Evo with XP Pro. the kids picked a virus and now the computer freezes on the blue compaq screen. I tried to install avast anti virus. When I restarted my real problems began. I tried to start computer in safe mode. It freezes in the safe mode with a black screen and safe mode in the four corners. I tried to run from last known good config and it still freezes. I tried to use the recovery point but no luck. I'm emailed Avast 4 times for help and have not got even one reply back. Does anyone know of any solutions other than starting from nothing. I don't have the recovery cd to run from. HELP!!!!!!!!!!! It was only a month old and now it is useless.



Fix my computer?trojan



I'm sorry, but if you can't even boot up your computer, there is no hope. The only option you have is to reinstall your computer. There should be a disk come with your computer that can reinstall the computer. Try every disk that come with the computer.



Do you know how to reinstall? Put your Windows disk in right after the computer start to boot and select boot option to CD by pressing F8 key on keyboard (usually F8 but you should see which key to press at the bottom of your screen when the computer start up or just try to press F1 to F12 randomly) before the Windows XP screen come up. Follow the instruction on the screen.



If there is not a CD that can reinstall it, I recommend you to contact the store where you bought the computer or contact Compaq, because there should be some warranty on the computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment